Fender American Vintage Series '62 Jazzmaster

First introduced at the 1958 National Association of Music Merchants (NAMM) show, the uniquely contoured body of the Jazzmaster incorporates a snappy 25-1/2" scale lenght with warm-sound-ing pickups. Original lead and rhythm circuit switching incorporates independent volume and solo controls, and the floating tremolo with tremolo lock adds to the distinctive look and sound of the Jazzmaster. Available in Three-color sunburst (800), Olympic White (805), Black (806), Ocean Turquoise (808), Surf Green (857) and Ice Blue Metallic (883).

"Back in 1983, i went shopping for my first guitar. I wanted to get a Fender with a worn-out neck, and a worn-in old Strat was outta my price range at the time. The Jazzmaster was $300 and that was all the money I had for a guitar after painting the neighbors house that summer. Then I learned to play on the Jazzmaster, and switching the pickups and using the Jazzmaster's whammy became a part of my guitar style. I can't go back now!"

-J Mascis


See more American Vintage Series guitars: